Tonight’s dinner inspiration came from @thepioneerwoman
She calls it the 3 meat, 3 bean and 3 chili chili. #helepololeikitchen #healthyanddelicious #instagood #instafood #foodgram #recipeideas #familydinner #cookingathome #homecooking #chili #easyrecipeideas #foodlove #foodblogger #eatwell #eatright #reedrummond #goodeats #igfood #foodstagram #nomnom #instayum #stayathomemom #hungry
#eats #foodlove #cookingformyfamily #foodie #homemadeisthebest #buzzfeedfood #huffposttaste #forkfeed
* 2 pounds chuck roast, cut into small cubes
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper * 2 tablespoons vegetable oil * 2 pounds ground beef * 1 pound fresh chorizo
* 8 cloves garlic, minced * 1 large onion, chopped * 1 jalapeno, minced * Two 12-ounce bottles pale lager beer * One 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes * 1/2 cup tomato paste * 2 guajillo chiles * 2 tablespoons chili powder * 1 tablespoon ground cumin * 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano * 2 bay leaves * Two 15-ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed * Two 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed * Two 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed * 1/4 cup masa harina
* Diced tomatoes
* Cubed avocado * Grated Cheddar cheese
* Sour cream * Lime wedges * Fresh cilantro leaves
Watch how to make this recipe.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot and sear the chuck roast until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pot. Add the ground beef and chorizo and cook until browned, 7 to 8 minutes; drain off excess fat if necessary. Add the garlic, onion and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes, then return the chuck roast back to the pot with the beer, tomatoes and tomato paste.
Using scissors, snip the guajillo chiles into small strips. Add to the pot and bring to a boil. Mix in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves and 2 tablespoons salt. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Remove the bay leaves. Add the beans to the pot. Combine the masa and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl, then stir the mixture into the pot. Continue to simmer until the chili thickens.