If you know me, you know my go to Indian dish is Chana Masala! Chana Masala originates from Northern India and is nutrient dense, plant based, and packed with flavor. I teamed up with @bobsredmill
to create a One Pot Chana Masala using their Garbanzo Beans and Brown Basmati Rice. Check out the recipe below:
• 6 cloves of garlic
• 1 chopped onion
• 1/2-inch piece of ginger root
• 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes • 1 tbsp garam masala
• 1 tbsp turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
• 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
• 2 cups of garbanzo beans, soaked over night • The juice of half a lemon
• Fresh cilantro to taste (optional)
• Prepared Brown Basmati Rice, following package instructions
1. Place garlic, onion and ginger in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
2. Add roughly chopped aromatics and spices into a medium pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir until well combined and cook covered for 10 minutes more.
4. Add the chickpeas, stir and cook covered for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice, stir and serve with some basmati rice and fresh cilantro on top (optional).